Did you know that serviced accommodation can help with your team’s mental health, general wellbeing and even productivity whilst they are working away from home?
Business travellers or organisations who have teams or contract workers working away from home have found there is a positive impact on their team when they have space to live as if they were at home. And even more so considering the global Covid-19 situation and its after effects.
Feel at home while staying away from home
Any comfortable and well equipped accommodation across the land can offer that homely feel. But the best serviced apartments in Swindon also considers your teams needs to offer a stress-free place to relax, work and entertain.
Anyone who has travelled and stayed away for business knows a pleasant place to stay can make all the difference. Serviced and self-catering apartments offers a separate room to sleep in, as well as a table to work at and a well-equipped kitchen to cook their favourite dishes. This gives people the option to prepare meals whenever they like, and to their own liking. It’s all about the ‘creature comforts’.
In return, a relaxed environment and a place to cook can really set someone up for a productive day due to the boost in wellbeing and mind set. After all, there’s nothing like a good night’s sleep and a good plate of food to get you started – all which can be achieved in a well-equipped self-catering apartment.
8 reasons serviced accommodation is good for your employees
Here’s what we think are the top eight benefits of serviced accommodation for when working away from home:
- Space & Privacy – Yes, even if staying in the same apartment with colleagues or other team members, you can have the option of having your own bathroom/bedroom if preferred.
- Freedom – Guests aren’t restricted to meal times, and they can cook whenever they like in fully equipped kitchen (and whatever they like).
- Exercise – Employees can exercise (yoga, stretches etc) using the space in the living areas of the apartment. They can even bring their own equipment with them (weights for example). Some serviced accommodation providers have a concierge service where they can even source and supply equipment for you.
- Healthy Eating – Often, being close to shops and amenities means people can buy and cook their own food rather than having take-aways or incur the expense of eating out.
- Family – Spacious apartments enable people to bring their partners and/or children with them so they don’t have to be away from them for long periods of time.
- Home from Home – When working away for long periods of time, guests will always appreciate carefully considered décor and furnishings. It means it just feels more like a home.
- Reliable WIFI & Work Space – Space to work and a strong private secure WI-FI connection is a real must when working away. It’s a given for most serviced accommodation providers.
- Self-Contained – The apartment becomes your team’s own space, which means the chances of picking up bugs like a cold or the flu, or dare we say Covid, are minimised compared to staying in a hotel.
A few more things to think about
- Quality: Don’t dismiss apartments as being boring and small. There’s such a large variety of different apartments available to suit any pocket from budget to high-end. With plush interiors and top-quality furnishings and finishes, serviced apartments with fully equipped kitchen, high quality bed linen, towels, toiletries and cleaning are a winner.
- Additional Services: Many serviced apartment operators give the option to purchase a special hamper on arrival. Or, with the popularity of online shopping, people can pre-select goods for delivery, which would be in your apartment for your arrival. Some providers also offer a collection and drop off from the train station so guests can be brought straight to their apartment. A really nice extra touch.
- Flexibility: As already mentioned, serviced apartments control any timings during a stay. Guests are able to do things at their own pace and around their schedule. Having facilities available in the apartment enable people to work whenever they need to work, and there’s the added space to entertain guests or hold business meetings. All within their own private space and at times that suits them. People often find apartments with several bathrooms and bedrooms which branch off from one central living area, work well for families, colleagues or groups travelling together.
All in all, the benefits of staying in places like the very best serviced apartments in Swindon are numerous, but when it comes to supporting people’s mental health and wellbeing, we think that’s the cherry on the top.
Take a look around our serviced apartments to see if you can see your team at home there »